The fragmentation grenade is a small, cheap grenade available to the Soldier, Commander, Hero, and Wookiee classes. It possesses two types of explosive functions: a powerful explosion, that produces knockdown and significant damage, and a smaller, less damaging explosion which will cause force drain and knockdown.
Levels & Effects
Level 1: The Hero receives one frag grenade. Quick throw can now be purchased.
Level 2: The Hero receives two frag grenades.
Level 3: The Hero receives three frag grenades.
- The grenade is versatile, in that it can be used to control enemy advances (primary fire) or it can be a hindrance to Jedi and Sith (secondary fire).
- The primary fire function of the frag grenade acts much like the Pulse Grenade of the ARC Trooper; pressing and holding the primary fire key, while the grenade is selected, will result in the grenade being charged - the longer the frag grenade is charged, the greater the throwing range capability becomes. Once the grenade is launched, it only takes a few seconds to detonate.
- Also, like the Thermal Detonator and Pulse Grenade, the primary fire function allows the explosive to bounce off of walls and other miscellaneous objects quite well; this ability offers a significant advantage to chucking grenades around corners.
- Secondary fire allows the fragmentation grenade to act as a substantial anti-Jedi/Sith tool - much like the primary fire of the frag grenade, charging of the secondary fire function will allow for greater throwing range; additionally, knockdown will occur in conjunction with the explosion; however, the damage caused is very minimal, the explosive detonates on impact, and the effect radius is significantly smaller.
- If the grenade is used on a Jedi or Sith, it will result in a fair amount of Force drain.