Force Grip is a powerful force power used by Sith and other Dark beings. It was a favorite power of Darth Vader. Grip is used to choke enemies. At higher levels, it can be used to lift enemies from the ground and move them around at your will. In order to use Grip, you must target an enemy and hold the Grip button for a certain period of time. During this time, a small red 'gripping' hand will appear on your target. If you are gripped as a saberist, your lightsaber will be shut off, leading to an easy kill. Grip can be countered with Push or Pull.
Levels & Effects
Level 1: Enemies start to choke after a while, they can still run around, and shoot while not choking.
Level 2: Enemies will start to choke after a few seconds, where they cannot move or shoot.
Level 3: Lifts enemies from the ground instantly and allows you to move them around freely. They cannot move themselves or shoot.
- As a gunner, try to pay attention to how a Sith is approaching you. If they aren't trying to use Push or Pull on you, it's likely that they have Grip. A common sign of this is when a Sith tries to get close, but makes no attempts to use any powers on you or slash you. Listen for the gripping sound if any of this behavior is exhibited.
- As a Jedi, try to watch each Sith and see if any are showing signs of having Grip. Warn your teammates accordingly and try to keep yourself in between them and the Sith to shut down any threats of them getting gripped. Using Push or Pull at level 3 if they do Grip one of your teammates can save them with proper timing.
- As a Sith, try to time using Grip when the enemy is distracted or when lots of loud noises are being made so that the chance of them trying to avoid you is lower.
- As a Sith, using Grip in tandem with level 3 Push or Pull can be devastating to the enemy gunners. They'll have to decide between being made vulnerable by Grip or being knocked over by Push/Pull while trying to get out of range of your Grip.
- While a Sith is using Grip on a force-using target, they have no defenses to their target's force powers. Push and Pull will affect the Sith to full effect, including Super Push potentially. Mindtrick will not be blocked. Etc.